August 13, 2011

Don't worry, I'm alive


So that was my rapid update of posts. I hope to have better access to internet now and I plan on buying a mobile internet access key soon, so expect more timely posts. I’m going to try to have more themed posts from now on. I have a couple topics in mind but if there’s anything that you’re wondering about that I haven’t mentioned, just let me know.
Other updates:
I have a new phone number. Togo changed all the phones from 7 digits to 8. Apperently, this is something that the US might have to do soon as well. I have updated that as well on the contact page. Also on the contact page, you can find links for cheap calling cards to Togo…
I also have a new address. It’s been added to the contact page. I can still receive mail at the old address, just this one is (theorhetically) supposed to be faster. Any package sent needs to have Corps de la Paix written under my name. It helps it pass through customs with a fixed price. Also, if there are any liquids in the box, they should be placed in a ziplock bag and should not be declared.
Now that I’ve been in Togo for over 2 months (it’s strangely gone by very fast but has felt very slow…), I have a better idea of things that I would enjoy receiving in a care package. There’s nothing on the list that I absolutely need, but people have been asking. I’ve already gotten two packages (shoutout to my mom and Peggy), which were both amazing, but I realize it’s not cheap to send them. Letters, on the other hand, are only $0.98! If you write to me, I promise to write back :)
Alright, that’s the end of my updates for now. There are 3 other new blog posts, starting with July 5. Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment